For Sale – The Lodge Care Home, Lodge Lane, Collier Row, Romford, RM5 2ES
• A high specification purpose-built care home.
• Registration for 94 service users – Residential care.
• 90 no. single bedrooms, 2 no. shared bedrooms.Effective capacity 92 residents.
• 72 no. ensuite bedrooms (WC & WHB)
• Freehold sale – Management operated
• Current occupancy: 96% (88 residents)
• Monthly (Oct) fee income c. £210,000
• Offers invited in the region of £5,000,000
• All enquiries via O’Kane Commercial/Bespoke Care – Ref: BC/881
The Lodge care home is located in a suburb of Romford called Collier Row, approximately 2.5 miles from Romford town centre. The home is in close proximity to the A12 providing excellent transport links to London.
Romford is a large town in East London and the administrative centre of the London Borough of Havering. It is located 14.1 miles north-east of Charing Cross and is one of the major metropolitan centres identified in the London Plan.
The Care Home
The care home was purpose built in 1996 and subsequently extended. It was erected in red brick beneath a tiled roof, with rendering in a neutral colour. The home is registered and provides accommodation for 94 service users, to include 2 shared bedrooms. The effective capacity is 92 service users. In total, 72 no. bedrooms benefit from en suite facilities comprising wash hand basin and WC. The accommodation is laid out over 2 floors, serviced by 2 no. passenger lifts. The home includes the usual day space, laundry, and kitchen accommodation.
Floor plans are provided within the dataroom.
The care home commenced trading in 1996 and enjoys a good reputation, evidenced by its strong occupancy levels and current ‘Good’ rating from CQC.
• Occupancy levels currently reflect c. 96% with 88 service users in situ,
• Monthly fee income of c. £210,000 (Oct 21)
• Average Weekly Fee (AWF) of £691.00 per resident per week.
• EBITDA generated was c. £49,000 (Oct 2021).
Trading Information and Accounts
Financials will be made available to interested parties.
Information pertaining to the planning permission at the subject property is available within the dataroom.
Energy Performance Certificate
Energy Performance Certificate No: 0920-0035-2039-3305-4006.
Presently the care home is registered for 94 service users with CQC. No approach should be made to CQC without the prior consent of the vendor. The Lodge Care Homes latest CQC inspection was undertaken in Nov 2020. It received a ‘Good’ rating in all categories.
We understand that the property has the benefit of full mains services.
Basis for Sale
Indicative Offers will be invited for the operational freehold care home. All bids should be in writing and supported with Proof of funding.
The joint selling agents will then invite a small number of chosen bidders to view the care home prior to final offers.
There will be no initial viewings due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Thereafter viewings will be strictly by appointment only with the vendor’s Joint Agents. Under no circumstances should a direct approach be made to the owners or operators.
All parties attending will have to undertake a Lateral Flow Test and provide evidence of a negative result.
If you require further information, please contact O’Kane Commercial or Bespoke Care.